Effective Date: This policy was last updated on 04/01/2022
Thank you for visiting this website, which is operated by Detour Media LLC (“we,” “our,” or “us”). This site is one of a network of ad-supported sites operated by Savage Ventures LLC.
247Health contains links to other sites and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
247Health gathers information about its users mainly to enhance their experience on the site and on email newsletters. This information is used to bring you content that is relevant to your interests. Additionally, 247Health, along with our advertising partners, gather information about you anonymously to provide you with advertising messages that are catered to your location and interests. You can opt out of information gathering for advertising purposes below.
Transparency and Choice
Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect and how we use it. No personal information is required to use our site.
- For email notification management or optout, please see Email Policy
- For information about social sharing information or social comments, please see Social Media Sharing and Comments
- For information about general comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For overview of types of cookies we use, please see Cookies
Personal Information/ Information You Directly Provide To 247Health:
When registering, engaging, or signing up for newsletters, you may provide 247Health with personal information, including but not limited to:
- Personal contact information (name, zip code, email address, phone numbers)
- User names (including social media user names)
- Correspondence with 247Health staff
- Billing Information (for paid 247Health products)
You are not required to provide 247Health with any personal information in order to use the site. All information that is collected is the sole property of the site, and that information is not distributed outside of the site unless required by law.
Non-Personal Information Automatically Collected:
This type of information is collected anonymously using tracking technology. No Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is collected through this methodology. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Hardware/software information (geographic location, IP address, browser type, device type, operating system, bandwidth, etc.)
- Analytics information (time spent on site, number of pages viewed, referring web page, browsing information, etc.)
- Advertising information (type of ads seen, number of times ads were served, pages where the ads were served)
- Information collected through HTML cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies.
Information Collected Through Third-Party Sources
This type of information is collected anonymously by approved third-party partners (such as online marketing firms, research companies, social media companies, ad targeting firms, and other partners). None of the information collected by these sources is PII. This type of information includes but is not limited to:
- Demographic information (gender, age, household income, job title, interests, etc.)
- Advertising information (clicks, interactions, post-impression performance data)
- Research information (data collected from partners such as Nielsen, Comscore, Quantcast, etc.)
What Is Done With The Collected Information?
Email Communications: 247Health may use the information that you submit to send you email communications, such as newsletters, breaking news, information about the site, alerts, and promotional messages from advertising partners.
Site Analysis: 247Health uses the information collected through third-party sources to learn and analyze how the site is used. We use this information to enhance the site by making improvements based on the data collected.
Advertising: Display Ads are delivered from our adserver, DFP for Small Publishers powered by Google. At times third-party information is used to deliver targeted ads to you, your location, and your interests. No PII is exchanged with any type of advertising message on 247Health.
How We Share Information Collected
There are very few specific circumstances when your information is shared outside of the company. These circumstances include but are not limited to:
- If you comment or use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and/or like apps on 247Health, the information you submit (including your social media user name, etc) is or may be viewable to the public.
- 247Health may need to disclose personal information to comply with a judicial proceeding, a court order, or any other legal process.
- We employ third-party services to distribute email newsletters and these third-parties have access to specific information only for the purposes of fulfilling contracts on our behalf.
- In the event 247Health goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
247Health does not allow any third-party company to use your email address for commercial purposes without your express permission. We will send you newsletter communications, partner sponsorship messages, account alerts, and any other emails you have requested to receive. If you would like to opt out of any specific newsletters or mailings, please email us at email@example.com/rare to change your newsletter settings or use the unsubscribe feature within the newsletter.
A cookie (otherwise known as an HTTP cookie) is a small piece of code which can be sent from a web site or banner ad and stored on a user’s web browser. The cookie stores data such as preferences, previous activity, and other information. For more information on HTTP cookies and other online advertising definitions please visit IAB’s web site.
These cookies collect information about visitor usage for the purpose of web analytics and high level demographics. These cookies are only used to improve our site and the general experience. They do not contain PII and they do not track any behavior on any other website.
These cookies allow our site to remember volunteered information (such as username for commenting) to provide convenience or a more personalized experience. If used, they will contain PII that you have provided. These cookies do not track any behavior on any other website.
On this website we use advertising cookies, enabling us to personalize the advertisements for you, and we (and third parties) gain insights into the campaign results. This happens based on a profile we create based on your click and surfing on and outside this Site.
You can object to the tracking by these cookies by following directions in the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” page.
Social media buttons
As mentioned above under “Social Media Sharing and Comments”, on our website we have included buttons for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to promote webpages (e.g. “like”, “pin”) or share (e.g. “tweet”) on social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. These buttons work using pieces of code coming from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram themselves. This code places cookies. These social media buttons also can store and process certain information, so a personalized advertisement can be shown to you.
Please read the privacy statement of these social networks (which can change regularly) to read what they do with your (personal) data which they process using these cookies. The data that is retrieved is anonymized as much as possible. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are located in the United States.
Cookie management is specific to your browser. If you reject cookies, you will be able to use 247Health, but some of the functionality may be limited.
Common browser cookie management information:
Google Chrome Cookies
Internet Explorer Cookies
Mozilla Firefox Cookies
Additional third policy cookie information:
Google DoubleClick for Publishers
Children Under 13: 247Health does not knowingly target advertising to, or collect information from children under the age of 13.
Security: 247Health uses all reasonable means to safeguard data against unauthorized use and theft.
Notice for California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
This additional information pertains to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). The CCPA provides additional rights to know, delete and opt out of the use of your personal information. We don’t “sell” your personal information in the traditional sense, however, as it’s written in the CCPA, personal information can apply to anonymized IP and general demographic information that we use within our advertising technology.
- Information about personal information collected can be found above under Information Collected
- How and What we do with this information can be found above under What Is Done With The Collected Information and How We Share Information Collected
- Details on how to opt out or learn more about your personal information can be found on our Do Not Sell My Personal Information page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Do Not Track” Signals
Internet Browsers have a configuration setting to send “Do Not Track” signals to Sites you visit. Unfortunately, there is currently no consensus on what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Actions called out above under Manage Cookies and exercising your rights under our Do Not Sell My Personal Information page should cover the spirit of this “Do Not Track” signal.
To learn more about “Do Not Track”, see All About DNT
For More Information
Below are links to the privacy policies of some of our partners and links to advertising opt outs.
DFP for Small Publishers, powered by Google, is the ad serving platform on 247Health.
If you want to opt out of receiving targeted ads from DFP, visit this link. Opting out does not mean you will not get ads from DFP; it means DFP will not collect non-personal information about you or serve ads targeted to your interests.
Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) is part of the industry’s self-regulatory initiative. If you would like to opt out of third-party partners’ non-personal information tracking, visit the NAI opt out section. Opting out does not mean you will not receive advertising on 247Health. It ensures that your non-personal information will not be automatically tracked by the sites you have opted out of.
If you have questions about privacy please contact us at email@example.com
Or send correspondence via mail to:
Detour Media LLC
1402 3rd Ave N